Current Resident Maintenance Request Information
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR: Tenant will, at his or her sole expense, keep and maintain the leased premises and appurtenances in good and sanitary condition and repair during the term of this lease and any renewal thereof. In particular, Tenant shall keep the fixtures in the house or on or about the leased premises in good order and repair; keep the furnace clean; keep the electric bells in order and keep the walks free from dirt and debris. Tenant shall be responsible for the cost of required repairs to the plumbing, range, heating, apparatus, and electric and gas fixtures whenever damage thereto shall have resulted from Tenant’s misuse, waste, or neglect or that of the employee, family, agent, or visitor. Tenant shall keep all lavatories, sinks, toilets, and all other water and plumbing apparatus in good order and repair and shall use same only for the purposes for which they were constructed. Tenant shall not allow any sweepings, rubbish, sand, rags, ashes, baby wipes, grease, food or other substances to be thrown or deposited therein. Any damage to any such apparatus and the cost of clearing stopped plumbing resulting from misuse shall be paid for by Tenant. Major maintenance and repair of the leased premises, not due to Tenant misuse, waste, or neglect or that of his employee, family, agent, or visitor, shall be the responsibility of Landlord. Tenant agrees that no signs shall be placed or painting done on or about the leased premises by Tenant or at his direction without the prior written consent of Landlord. If there is a non-emergency repair that needs to be done it MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING TO THE COMPANY. There WILL NOT be any repairs done to any property without first receiving a written/typed request from you stating what needs to be repaired. Repairs that require emergency attention should be communicated to Landlord immediately by telephone. Requests by Tenant for repairs shall be handled as follows by Landlord:
• Landlord shall contact the appropriate individual/company, in its sole discretion to evaluate the repair. No charge is due at the time of evaluation. If it is determined that the need for repair DID NOT result from neglect and/or misuse by Tenant, there will be no charges.
• If the need for repair is due to neglect and/or misuse by Tenant, Tenant shall be responsible for the remainder of the bill in addition to the $125.00 service call fee.
• If it is determined that no repair is needed (i.e., a switch not turned on or an appliance not plugged in, etc.) Tenant shall be charged the $125.00 service call.
• The normal hours of repair are 7 AM until 7 PM.
Below is the mailing address for which the written requests need to be mailed to:
Spoat, Jackson & Browne LLC
P.O. BOX 40502, Fayetteville NC 28309
ONLY EMERGENCIES MAY BE emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 910-779-2455.
PURPOSE. The purpose of this webpage is to give you, the Tenant, specific examples of things you are responsible for maintaining during the term of your lease so that you will have a better understanding of your obligation under the lease. It does not list everything you are responsible for maintaining. Depending on what type of residence you are leasing (apartment, single-family house, duplex, condominium, etc.) and what kind of improvements it contains, some items on the following list may not apply to you. GOOD HOUSEKEEPING IS EXPECTED OF EVERYONE.
• You and your guests may park only in designated areas and not on the grass
• Keep driveways free of oil and grease
• Do not keep inoperable or unlicensed vehicles on the property
• You and your guests may not work on motor vehicles in the parking lot of the complex
• Disabled vehicles will be towed from property at tenant expense.
LIGHTS, FILTERS, FUSE, ETC.
• Replace burned-out electric light bulbs and blown fuses
• Reset tripped circuit breakers and oven timers
• Leave working light bulbs in all electrical sockets at end of tenancy
• Relight oil or gas furnaces and hot water heaters
• Replace heating/air conditioning filters at lease every three months
• Leave new filter in the air return at end of tenancy
• Change air filters every 30 days
• Use a professional carpet cleaning service to steam clean carpets unless you have written permission to clean them yourself
• Have carpets professionally steam cleaned at move out and provide receipt
• If you have never used a fireplace before, ask for instruction on how to use it
• Do not store ashes in trash cans
• Do not build a wood fire in a fireplace that has connections for gas logs
• Do not us kerosene heaters
• Do Not use grills within 10 feet (horizontally or vertically) of anything that will burn
• Space heaters are never permitted in any residence
WATER LINES: To help prevent water lines from freezing and bursting during cold weather:
• Allow water to trickle and place lights as appropriate
• If you are going to be away from home, have water turned off and water lines drained or leave sufficient heat in the house
• Disconnect garden hoses from the outside faucets
• Air temp to be set to minimum of 58 degrees during winter months
• Keep the Premises free from visible infestations of roaches, ants, hornets, bees, mice, and other pests
• Spray for fleas at move out and provide receipt
• Do not change or remove any existing locks or add any additional locks without Agent’s written permission
• Immediately provide Agent keys for any changed or additional locks
• $75 charge if manager must let in locked-out tenant
MOLD AND MILDEW: To help prevent mold and mildew from accumulating in the Premises:
• Clean and dust the Premises on a regular basis
• Remove moisture on windows, walls, and other surfaces as soon as possible
• Immediately notify Agent of any evidence of a water leak or excessive moisture or standing water
• Immediately notify Agent of the presence of mold, mildew, or similar growth in the Premises after you have attempted to remove it using common household cleaning solutions or anti-microbial products
• Immediately notify Agent of any malfunction of any part of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, or laundry systems
• Immediately notify Agent of an inoperable doors or windows
• Use exhaust fan in bathrooms when bathing/showering
• Mow the grass in a timely manner
• Clean the gutters and trim any shrubs at least semi-annually
• Keep the porches, patios, balconies, and front and back yards free of clutter, unsightly items, and other personal articles
• Lawn Comp. to be hired at tenant expense if tenant fails to maintain yard
• If you do not keep an appointment to be home for maintenance or repair work, the worker’s time will be charged to you
• If you request repairs and the worker is unable to enter due to extra locks or chains on the door not being removed, the worker’s time will be charged to you
• You will be charged for any service calls to repair items that you are responsible for maintaining
• You may not authorize any maintenance or repairs at Landlord’s or Agent’s expense
• You will not be reimbursed for any unauthorized repairs that Landlord is responsible for
All repairs to be submitted through the tenant portal at www.SpoatJacksonBrowne.com and add this PDF work order 2019